NAUVOO

A record of the missionary adventures of "Elder Rose" and his Friends here in the Wonderful Missionary World of Nauvoo! -summer 2011

Monday, June 6, 2011

First full week of shows

Sunday June 5: Today we changed the order of some of the scenes in our show, and re-blocked a couple of them, so that took a good portion of our time today. Today, President Ludwig, also had a "MTC camp" for us for a couple of hours. It was his attempt to teach what they teach in the MTC, and it was a good refresher. Elder Black, one of the Elders who served in this mission, before his proselyting mission, says that it's alot more like a mission now than this program was when he came the first time. President has done a great job at really strenghtening the process and program here. After the 'mtc' we had a pot-luck, and everyone was plesantly surprised at the really good food everyone brought! The Camps said it was far better than last years!


Our first week of performances really flew past. It was great. Some shows are just for smaller audiences, and some shows sell out! But it's always neat to perform, because we know no matter how small the audience, we can still make a difference. We also got to start working in the sites this week. Elder Hazen and I worked in the Brick yard! We have a script that we are supposed to follow, but in our own words. We gave several tours, and helped make bricks when we weren't busy.


This week we also had a really neat experience. In addition to all the fun people we got to meet and sing for (like the Morgans!) on Friday we had a family come, whose daughter is deaf. Some of the Visitor Center Sisters can sign, and so they came in and signed the whole show for this girl. It was really neat to see. Before the show HHRB begins, we go into the Visitors Center and sing from the balcony to all the people waiting down below. When we started to sing, I could see this girl's parents come over and tap her on the shoulder and point up so she would know we were there. It was a neat moment for me and my friend Mr. Spirit :). I am so thankful for the ability to hear, and sing, and everything. It was all in all, a great realization to the amazing blessing music is in my life.


One more funny experience, yesterday during one of our blackouts in between scenes, I was carrying on a bench, and I tripped. I almost caught my balance, but then I fell, and the bench slammed onto the stage. I was the only one on stage in the dark, the audience waiting....and I burst into laughter, I'm sure the audience was wondering what in the world was happening, the cast got a real laugh at that moment!


We're all ready for another great week! with a practically new show!!
Love Elder Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment