We've been here two weeks and we're getting really close to opening the shows! We have two main shows that just us Young Performing Missionares (YPM's) put together and those have been our main focuses. This week is all dress rehersals and we'll give our pre-show on Friday. Once we get into our summer schedual we will have some time to work tours in the sites and even do a little more personal studying. But I love to be busy and so involved.
Our main show is called High Hopes and Riverboats. This one we will do in two cast, each cast consisting of all YPM's ( we each have two characters- one for each cast) and we'll perform each cast once a day, in the afternoons. In the mornings we will rotate between working sites, and participating in another show called " Just Plain Anna-Amanda." This one is a fun kid-oriented play, that uses 10 of the 20 YPM's. Then at nights we join with the Sr. Missionares for a variety show call Sunset on the Mississippi. This is a fun one, and I even get to jam on the guitar a little bit!
We've only had two weeks, plus this one ahead of us...But looks like we're going to make it. Besides that, we are called of God and have his help to accomplish these things on his behalf.
The other night, the most funny thing happened. We were learning the choreography for one of our dances, and during the show they wanted all the Elders to do a somersault on stage (hard wood floor) and several of us were a little worried about hurting our backs this summer. So during practice we went out in the foyer with Sister Camp, and she would help us practice the somersaults they wanted for the show. In addition it had been a long hot day, we were very tired and it was nearly 8:30 at night. So when it came my turn, I was really focused on arching my back so that I wouldn't hurt my spine, or my hip. Well I was so focused on my back that I left my legs straight out. So when I was supposed to land on my feet and jump up into the air...there I sat on the floor with my legs spread and straight out. It was one of those moments where the group all took a moment of silence, and then simultaneously they all began to laugh, it was so funny. I was so tired, and caught in the middle of the laughter, that I began to cry, o my goodness it was so so funny. Then later the next day, some of the Elders were talking about how they cried at some other times, mostly because of the spirit and stuff.. and then they asked me something, and my responce came out something like this...Ya I cried the other night when we were doing those somersaults! They all laughed it was just so funny.
Sometimes the things I think are funny, might not be funny later when yall read them. But I share them anyway:)
Everything is going well, we are very, very, busy, but everyone is getting along great. Nauvoo is a wonderful place to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment